Volunteer in the Garden
Volunteer opportunities abound at the Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden. Whether you are an individual or part of a larger corporate or community group, the Garden is a great way to help build friendships and community. Volunteers donate thousands of hours to the Garden annually. Come find out what’s going on.
Our Volunteers meet Thursdays in the Highline Botanical Garden from 10 am to 2 pm. The time is flexible, volunteers can help in the garden as little or as much as they like during the designated time frame.
Our garden volunteers immerse themselves in the following areas:
- Ornamental gardening, including planting, mulching, weeding, staking, dead-heading, pruning, watering, pest identification and integrated pest management, plant identification, and developing knowledge of plant, design, and botanical garden appreciation.
- General maintenance of gardens and equipment, including raking, sweeping, cleaning, mulching, weeding, digging, transplanting, and watering as needed.
- Propagation/Production, including collection, storage, and sowing of seed, cuttings, transplanting, watering, additional plant care, and greenhouse management.
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation and Training provided
- Please bring a lunch or snacks and a water bottle. We provide gloves, tools and facemasks.
- For questions, please call us at 206.391.4003